Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Baby Weight

Okay, so now what? We have our gorgeous baby, life is great, but, I still look like the back end of a truck. What up wit dat!?

Hollywood makes it look so easy and, I know right now you're thinking, "You're daddy was Richard Pryor and you've been on TV, so, what are you talking bout girl?" I'm talking real life. I'm talking we don't have a nanny, caregiver, teenage neighbor to baby sit and grandma's and Nana's have lives too.


Forget getting away for an hour a day to work out with the famous trainer, at the famous gym, at the famous house which, converts the living room into a fitness room by a click of a button. It ain't like that for the Pryor-Partlow's.




What it's really like is, nursing for 9 months (dropped at lot of weight from that but, not enough), tired most of time from adjusting to the needs of a new entity, that has yet to communicate her feelings in full sentences that we can understand. Really, not trying to make an excuse just stating the facts that I am sure a lot of new moms face.


Getting up to work out has been the last thing on my mind this past year. And seriously, when I say I suffer from fatigue I'm not whining I am telling the truth Ruth. I am however, like "Super Mom" I cook dinner, clean the house between naps and Yo Gabba Gabba. I am a career mom getting work done when I can. Time, is no longer mine.

So, what is the solution? The solution is, I have found 20 minute workouts and I do them. In my livingroom. The baby runs around or I'll use her as a weight. She laughs and I get to work my saddle bag arms. LOL.

I also do not diet but, watch what I'm eating. Portion control. It also helped to get the right fitting bra. I kid you not, it lifted up the girls and slimmed that waist line. If you can do at least 2o minutes a day you will see results and feel great. There is no race to the finish line, and, not everyone has to be HOLLYWOOD THIN. It's more important to be healthy.

I am lucky that I live in a city where BIG is in. LOL. However, I have come to the realization that, my body has changed. I'm almost 40 years old and I'm not a thin boned woman. I am a medium boned woman with curves. Voluptuous they call it, and, that suits me just fine.

While the days are long for the job of parenting is no easy task. Be kind to your self. Take time out for you to feel good inside. Together we can do it. Together we can achieve the goals we want without feeling diminished by what we see on TV.

Together we can measure our success by the deeds we perform through out the day and how good we feel inside. When, we can align all of that, we see results on the outside. Think FIT not THIN.

Here are some tips:

  • Eat breakfast i.e. fruit, cereal, fiber,
  • Salads, sandwich, protein and vegetables for lunch
  • vegetables, protein, salads dinner
  • if you need to snack, cottage cheese, low fat yogurt
  • Don't over eat and don't diet. Eat enough to give you energy
  • Drink water and more water (awesome for shedding pounds)
  • workout with the baby
  • 20 minutes a day of exercise
  • Don't get on the scale. You can see results in your clothes and how you feel. Weighing can confuse accurate results. Muscle can add weight. So DON'T GET ON THE SCALE!
  • Get sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment